Natural Aussie Gal

Natural Aussie Gal

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Bad days!

Well today has just been one of those days! Anything that could go wrong has. And unfortunately it happens to the best of us. It's how you react to these types of days that make or break you.
The first thing to remember is that things will get better. This is only short-term. it also doesn't hurt to spare a thought for all the poor people out there that are worse off than you are. It can really put things into perspective.

I had work just pile up on top of me and couldn't catch up. The more I stressed out about it, the worse it got.
When this happens you need to take time out, even if it's just for a minute, and take a few deep breaths. Then come back with a clear head, refreshed and ready to tackle whatever comes your way. Finish off your jobs one at a time, so that your full focus is on the job at hand. Attempting too many things at once will just stress you out more, and often takes longer anyway. A nice relaxing tea is always great too. My personal favourites are my QI organic relax tea and chamomile.

Then when I got home, the television was not working. And for me, that was the end of the world. I had the night to myself, as hubby was working late and was planning on catching up on all the reality shows that he hates. I was on the phone to Telstra for over an hour, just to be told they can't do anything about it and they'll send someone out when they can. This all took up a massive chunk from my night and I didn't get in my afternoon walk or meditation session, which also got to me.
But, in the end, I chose to take the positives out of this experience. I had a lovely dinner outside, and then curled up a with a book for the night. It was so enjoyable and much more relaxing than watching television. I thought about all the good things that I have in my life, my husband, family and friends, and realised how lucky i really am. If that is all my troubles, I've got it pretty darn good! It is amazing the turnaround that I had from this revelation. I was suddenly so much happier and had my inner peace about me that I have been enjoying so much lately. Positive thinking really is such a powerful tool!

When you have days like this, it can also be really hard to stay on track with your healthy eating. These are the worst times for craving junk food. I like to solve this problem by trying new things. Today I tried some new organic wheat-free wraps for dinner, and had a lovely dessert of goats milk yoghurt, organic honey and cinnamon. These are all still good for you, free from artificial additives, but will give you something to look forward to, to keep you excited and on track for eating healthily. Little things like this can make a huge difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment