Natural Aussie Gal

Natural Aussie Gal

Friday, November 21, 2014

Red salmon and goat cheese tarts

I had some leftover salmon from my previous recipe: http://naturalaussiegal.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/red-salmon-salad.html so I had a brainwave to try this as a special lunch treat on a day off work, and wow, it was so tasty!
It was so quick and simple to make, and best of all, it was using everyday ingredients that I already had in my pantry/fridge.
I used gluten-free corn tortillas, because I already had these in my pantry and they worked out so well - it gave them a corn chip taste which was lovely. You can use whichever flat bread or tortilla that you have on hand.

INGREDIENTS
* 4 corn tortillas (if they are the bigger ones you won't need this many)
* olive oil
* 16 baby spinach leaves
* 100g red salmon (skin and bones included)
* 1 shallot, sliced thinly
* fresh lemon juice
* freshly ground pepper
* 20g goat cheese (I used Meredith Dairy Chèvre goat cheese with fresh dill



DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Use a round cutter to cut out 4 circles from corn tortillas (I used my large cutter from a pie making     machine).
- Mould them into a tart tray (I microwaved mine first for 5 seconds to make them more pliable).
- Sprinkle a dash of olive oil on each base.
- Place some baby spinach on base of each tart case, then add salmon, shallots, a dash of lemon juice,   a grind of pepper and lastly the goat cheese.
- Bake in oven for 7 minutes (be careful because it won't take much for the tortilla edges to burn).
- Serve with a side salad with lots of greens.


SERVES 2

No comments:

Post a Comment