Natural Aussie Gal

Natural Aussie Gal

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Honey cinnamon goat yoghurt (lactose-free)


I have found that dairy products have not been sitting well with me, so I have cut them out of my diet and feel so much better for it.

I tried CapriLac Natural Goat Yoghurt http://www.caprilac.com/Product/Yoghurt.aspx expecting it to be bitter and disgusting, like all the natural dairy yoghurts I have tried in the past, but was pleasantly surprised with the taste. It is natural, 100% full cream goat milk, easy to digest, a good source of calcium, GMO free and is probiotic (containing lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacteria - friendly bacteria. The goats are well looked after, therefore no feed modifiers or antibiotics are fed to them and they don't need to be drenched with anthelmintics (used to treat and control worms and parasites).

Cinnamon is is really good for you. It regulates blood sugar, can increase blood circulation, reduced inflammation, has antioxidant effects, fights bacteria and is effective for menstrual pain/infertility. It contains fibre, calcium, iron and manganese.

I tried Bee Vital Manuka Honey Active 15 plus for the first time tonight and it is so tasty! I just had to lick to spoon. It is antibacterial (anything over 10 plus is considered active honey), aids bloating, indigestion, helps immunity and gives you a short energy burst.

I decided to try this one night when I had a sweet tooth after dinner, but had cut out my usual dark chocolate. I whipped this up and have had it every night since for dessert. I love it! And the best part, it is so good for you and is quick and simple to make - something that is very much needed in today's society.


INGREDIENTS
* 100g natural goat yoghurt
* 1 1/2 tsp manuka honey
* 1/4 tsp cinnamon

DIRECTIONS
Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and enjoy!

TIP
You can adjust the flavours to suit your own personal taste, this is just my preference after trial and error.

SERVES 1.



No comments:

Post a Comment